real time web analytics
Report - - Abandoned school on Blackheath Road, Greenwich, South East London - June 2024 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Abandoned school on Blackheath Road, Greenwich, South East London - June 2024

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

shol

28DL Member
28DL Member
We visited this site a few days ago after passing it and becoming interested in what it's like inside. It is next door to the disused Greenwich Magistrates Court.
I found very little about the history of the school online, however I did find this post talking about the school: Tony Lord: Photographic memories of Blackheath School 1925

and this reddit post bellow about the place, but no one yet has posted an account online about exploring it.

Would be interesting to see if anyone could confirm that it is the school being referenced in that first link, and if anyone knows when it shut down and was left derelict.

It is next to the Greenwich magistrates court, and has, I think, 3 floors. Most of the windows are boarded up. The entrance was quite easy to find after a little looking around the site (won't disclose how we accessed it, as I think that's against the rules in the guide).
It's pretty smelly inside, and the floor we entered looked to be rarely visited (only by the many pigeons inhabiting it). There were pigeons everywhere when we entered, mostly nesting on the beams in the ceiling, fluttering about. The floor was absolutely covered in bird poo, and scattered with about 100 dead pigeon skeletons which was rather unsettling.

I am sure access to the floor(s) below wouldn't have been too hard to find if we stayed at the site a bit longer, as there was a door that we didn't end up trying, and I expect this led to a stairwell.
One reason we didn't explore the floor below was because we suspected it was inhabited (by squatters/as a crack den or something of that sort), as we heard a woman's voice mumbling something, and were 90% sure it was coming from the floor below.

I'm new, and this is my first post to 28dayslater, so I welcome any constructive criticism. Cheers

IMG_0761.JPG

IMG_0774.JPG

IMG_0759.JPG

IMG_0776.JPG

IMG_0779.JPG

IMG_0781.JPG

IMG_0805.JPG

IMG_0785.JPG

IMG_0786.JPG

Last edited:

Wastelandr

Goes where the Buddleia grows
Regular User
Cheers for making the effort. Although this was small I quite liked it, we spent ages climbing about on roofs trying to get into the courts next door to no avail. Worth more goes though

shol

28DL Member
28DL Member
Cheers for making the effort. Although this was small I quite liked it, we spent ages climbing about on roofs trying to get into the courts next door to no avail. Worth more goes though
That was our original plan too, looks like some of the building is still in use though, as the room closest to the school had lights on

Wastelandr

Goes where the Buddleia grows
Regular User
That was our original plan too, looks like some of the building is still in use though, as the room closest to the school had lights on
Power's on but doesn't mean its used. Did hear about live-in security being there at one time though

Scoobysrt

Teim scoobs
28DL Full Member
Good first report.
The only thing i would say is if you have adjustable focus on your torch turn it to wide to get rid of the spot otherwise try some greaseproof paper or somthing over it to difuse it a bit.
I spent most of my early days walking round with some greaseproof paper spend to my camera flash to take the harshness off it, made a world of difference.
These days I use a car inspection lamp for big wide light and a lenser for long spot. Sometimes using both in very dark areas.