real time web analytics
Report - - Aberthaw 'B' Power Station - South Wales - February 2020 | UK Power Stations | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Aberthaw 'B' Power Station - South Wales - February 2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
Whats not to like! I was worried id miss this one after the goonage at some of the other recent closures but after finally putting the effort in me and @clebby found thankfully little has changed in the 2 months since it closed.
Thankfully we found the station itself deserted and managed to get around most of it without trouble. Like Longannet i dont think either of us were that keen to push our luck too far tho. We didn't bother trying to check the control room or any sketchy ancillary areas. We mainly concentrated on the basement level which didn't feature so heavily in the previous reports. The fact the station is sunk into the ground like Fawley actually made it feel a bit cozy and safe down there. Much more so than the turbine hall level where both big roller shutter doors were were open at each end and it was easy to hear the odd vehicle driving about outside. Presumably it was either security or workers at the the adjacent 400kv switch house as no one came in..

Turbines

Boilers

Bunkers

Boiler Feed Pumps

Basement Level Turbine Ancillarys

Mills

Conveyor

Attachments

• IMG_1403 (2).JPG
    IMG_1403 (2).JPG
    177.2 KB · Views: 17

Seffy

Staff member
Yes to that. At least you guys managed to get to the turbine hall lol. Relaxed ain’t even the word with this place #walesforyou

albino-jay

g00n Buster
Staff member
Nicely done.

After seeing it getting a turbine stripped i assumed it would have been well empty by now but it seems bugger all has changed. Apart from that Karl Travis bell piece baiting fuck out of it and every other station.

clebby

( . Y . )
Regular User
Definitely one of the best stations I’ve seen. In fact I think only Fawley tops it really!