real time web analytics
Information - - Bethel Quarry | General Exploring Chat Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Information - Bethel Quarry

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Westcountry Explorer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I've just been down Bethel Quarry again today (Trying, and failing, to find a bit that I didn't look round last time.) and discovered the main entrance is currently open.

20240607_111506.jpg

It's a good opportunity to explore the place whilst avoiding the ladder of doom.

There's also recently been a fire down there in the area where all those latex gloves were hanging up; that's happened since I visited 3/4 months ago.

AlfExplores

28DL Member
28DL Member
When we went in about 2 months ago it had not long been set a light as you could smell it before you got inside

Grom

Camera Drowner
Regular User
Ah yeah it was absolutely filled with smoke a couple months ago. Not a nice smell.

AlfExplores

28DL Member
28DL Member
The smell is still ever so slightly there.
When we arrived you could just smell it outside , got in and it was smoky looking and was very smelly . Went round corner and the pile was still smouldering. Informed neighbours and I think they let fire service know (I think ) . Spoke to another group in another quarry system and they said they went a day or so earlier and it was all ok . Have been back since and you can deffo still smell it slightly