real time web analytics
Report - - Canalleto Tower - City Road, London - December 2014 | High Stuff | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Canalleto Tower - City Road, London - December 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Boomstick84

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
History / Future

Canaletto is a London luxury residential tower designed by Dutch master Ben van Berkel of UNStudio. Situated by the water, Canaletto offers a collection of sumptuous apartments in the swiftly growing area on London’s City Road around Tech City.

The 31-storey building sits at the crossroads of London district such as Islington, City, Shoreditch and Clerkenwell. Residents will have a concierge team as well as superior level of facilities including stylish restaurant, private screening room, swimming pool and gymnasium and 24th floor private Club Canaletto with sky terrace.

The Explore

A solo visit after missing out on a kind offer from 28DL member and regular exploring partner Slayaaaa to join him on a night out here. I decided to head back a couple of weeks later after seeing his shots of the stunning views (thanks for the tip by the way mate :thumb).

A nice chilled night up top in more ways than one (it was blowing a gale and friggin freezing!) I spent an enjoyable hour or so taking in the views. Just as I was packing up to make my way down I heard someone shouting “Hello mate, what you up to?â€￾. Sure that it couldn’t have been coming from the street 300+ft below I tentatively peered over the edge of the platform to the main roof below expecting to see security or the fuzz but there was nobody to be seen? Thinking I must be imagining it I then heard someone shout “Up here mate!â€￾. Looking up I was surprised to see somebody above me on the adjoining crane. After some brief introductions it turns out to be fellow 28DL member Monkey :D. Was nice meeting you man and much respect on some of your antics, you’re certainly a braver man than I and I can see where the name comes from!

I loved it up there, a really chilled explore with some beautiful views and extremely peaceful in contrast to the noisy streets of London below.

Anyway, on with pics. It was unbelievably windy up there that night so getting any non-blurry shots was a challenge, here are the few that were anywhere near usable so apologies if they’re a little shaky.

16245290096_c97aa5b4b8_b.jpg

16269413821_2fd9bf1319_b.jpg

16083846300_1fd1bab78d_b.jpg
[/url]

16083846870_86a694936c_b.jpg

16083684498_170df076d1_b.jpg

16085089949_fd22997825_b.jpg

15651326513_c12bb723d4_b.jpg

15648792704_7e84352980_b.jpg

16245289586_e8a6eb9832_b.jpg

Thanks for looking :thumb

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Your pics just keep getting better mate, and they were good enough before :) :thumb

The legend that is Monkey continues :D I knew who you were going to say as soon as you said "from above" lol

The_Raw

Staff member
Very nice shots there dude, what lens are you using for the London eye? Don't remember it being that close so I'm guessing you've got a 200mm or something

slayaaaa

Boomstick84 caN't see your replies, I've forwarded them to him and he says cheers for the thumbs up and comments!

The Raw, I asked him for you, he said he used a 55-250mm. :thumb

Who has read this thread (Total: 2) View details