real time web analytics
Report - - Firth Brown Medical Centre - Sheffield June 2014 | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Firth Brown Medical Centre - Sheffield June 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

super nerris

On A Mission....
28DL Full Member
Having just got back from a week away I could not wait to get back out there on my next explore, So only having an hour to spare leeskywalker, another non member and myself met up for a quick visit to Firth Brown Medical Centre. After yet another funny entrance to a location we got straight down to business, I am going to have to start filming these entrances cause I am very sure you've been framed would make some pay outs haha.

We knew the place would be dark but was not really ready for it and took quite a few shots for me to get a feel for it, so sorry for not having more shots a revisit might be in order more equipped.

History From Wikipedia:

Firth Brown Steels was initially formed in 1902, when Sheffield steelmakers John Brown & Company exchanged shares and came to a working agreement with neighbouring company Thomas Firth & Sons. In 1908 the two companies came together and established the Brown Firth Research Laboratories and it was here, in 1912, under the leadership of Harry Brearley they developed high chrome stainless steel. The companies continued under their own management until they formally merged in 1930 becoming Firth Brown Steels. The company is now part of Sheffield Forgemasters.

On with the shots....

Hope you all enjoy!!!:)

Bed & Breakfast anyone???

_DSC0689_zpsaa8ffc77.jpg

_DSC0691_zpsf2dafc5d.jpg

Might want a rewire this place haha

_DSC0692_zps79239390.jpg

Bits and Bobs

_DSC0693_zps9221e4dd.jpg

A nice note from Acid-Reflux, cheers mate!!

_DSC0696_zps9dc1e856.jpg

So this must be where they was sweeping all the rubbish lol

_DSC0697_zpsb79f22f6.jpg

Thanks for looking Guys:)

Until next time.............

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice ones mate :thumb

Always a comedic entrance/exit here lol

That note was from my last visit, about 3 weeks after shoulder surgery, hence the bad writing after hurting myself getting in :wanker and then again getting out :wanker One of the few things i can"t do one handed lol

I needed somewhere to try my new £mega flash out that was pitch black and i could compare against my report from here with light painting :)

It seems to surprise some people that it"s mostly pitch black in here, must be from all the well lit reports :D

And pile of craps getting bigger BTW, below was Oct 2013 Anyone would think they"re trying to fill it in with crap & Fire Extinguishers

13271339424_a4db44c27a_b.jpg

Funny i got a PM from a Yorkshire Newspaper Group after posting mine, offering 50/50 on syndicated sales ? WTF??

Last edited:

super nerris

On A Mission....
28DL Full Member
Cheers pal, yeah I really didn't think it would be as dark as it was, good start to having a go at light painting mind!! Apart from some surfaces reflecting the light that ruined quite a few shots but hey ho that's learning for ya!!

Yes the entrance had me in stitches, especially when one of the lads said ill show you how to do it Boys....... followed by 4 mega fails hahaha, were not the tallest of people if you keep that in mind, lol

Might have to take another visit as we didn't have much time, great place tho!! its amazing how many time people walk/drive past this place and will never know it exists, Uncover Sheffield!!! :)