real time web analytics
Video - - Hemsby pontins Nov '17 | Urban Exploring Videos | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Video - Hemsby pontins Nov '17

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Hi all torch here, After my prolonged hiatus ( not that anyone cares :()

Regardless, me and my Mötley Crüe headed down to the seaside for a spree of derps
( visited 2 of 7 places:banghead)

before i start let me lay down the lore:

The history:
pontins holiday park hemsby on the norfolk coast announced its closure on january 5th 2009 due to rising costs , decline in future bookings and escalating costs in the maintainence of the aging camp. the holiday camp covers 22 acres aprox with accomodation for 2440 holiday makers run by a staff of 55 , when pontins announced the closure of its camp in hemsby near great yarmouth , the shocked staff at the camp were told to pack there belongings and vacate the premises ! this was also a blow to the local community who relied on the holiday resort as a reliable source of seasonal employment. the self catering camp was set up in 1971 with around 500 chalets , the future of this site is uncertain , arguments between locals & councillors carry on to this day. the pontins site like camelot theme park has been designated for leisure purposes only in any redevelopment plans , plenty of housing projects for the site have fallen by the wayside as hemsby councillors try in desperation to bring back the once thriving tourist economy , various tourist plans have also come to no avail

Who has read this thread (Total: 3) View details