real time web analytics
Report - - Lincoln Plaza - Canary Wharf, London - Jan 2015 | High Stuff | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Lincoln Plaza - Canary Wharf, London - Jan 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Boomstick84

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
HISTORY / FUTURE

Typical London tower fare, this is one of many luxury residential towers that have been creeping up on the Canary Wharf horizon recently.
I will let the usual corporate sales guff fill in the details...

"Offering breathtaking views, first class facilities and superlative living accommodation in a location of international status, Lincoln Plaza is set to provide one of the most prestigious and sophisticated new landmarks on Canary Wharf’s iconic skyline. Soaring up to the 31st floor, Lincoln Plaza comprises two principal apartment towers - Franklin and Greenwich - together with a 12-storey international brand name 100-suite hotel which integrates with the two towers, allowing residents access to a fabulous array of lifestyle facilities. Adjacent is a 10 level ‘rotunda’ apartment building complimenting this striking new landmark against Canary Wharf’s dazzling architecture. Each apartment has been meticulously designed to create the perfect equilibrium of luxury quality and style, featuring comfort cooling, individually selected stone tiled flooring, SMEG kitchen appliances and Hansgrohe bathroom refinements. With all the exclusive facilities of a world class hotel, Lincoln Plaza is also set to deliver a comprehensive health club complete with spa, pool and fully equipped gymnasium, opulent entrance foyer with 24-hour concierge, business lounge, private cinema and 22nd floor 4-storey winter garden ‘sky lounge’."

THE EXPLORE

Initially a solo explore followed by a return visit with Slayaaa and UrbanAlex. I had been keeping an eye on this for a while but with far more tempting propositions nearby this hadn’t exactly been topping the “to do†list. However on a recent late night jaunt to its much bigger cousin just across the water we had noticed it had topped and it was completely dark, not a light on in the place.

The following Friday came around and with very little else on the cards I decided to check it out. Access appeared nice and straightforward so I planned to kill a little time and wait for the post work rush to die down. I thought I could be over, in and up top nice and early and maybe even have time for another rooftop or the adjoining crane before catching the last train home. Wrong. On a bitterly cold night I spent hours waiting for the seemingly endless stream of passers-by to dissipate and allow me the minute I needed to get in. Sadly this place is located next to what appears to be the world’s busiest Tesco Express. “Every little helps� Not when you’re trying to access the nice tower over the road unnoticed it doesn’t.

Eventually there was a break in the traffic and I was over and in. Despite the cold it was a nice chilled roof with some decent views of Canary Wharf. Not the highest around by any means but still pretty good. Sadly I didn’t get a chance to check out the crane as I hadn’t noticed the time and had to make a mad dash for the last train home instead.

I did get a chance to try out my new super clamp though. You guys weren't wrong, that things a godsend when trying to get shots where a tripod would be a real pain, thanks for the recommendations on that one, thoroughly impressed.

Returned the following week with Slayaaaa and UrbanAlex. Solo trips are cool but it’s always much more fun to enjoy a rooftop with company, cheers guys :thumb

Anyway, on with the pics. Apologies for the odd sizing in places, think I must have mis-sized them when processing. Appreciate the processing may not be to everyone's tastes but hopefully its not too offensive :thumb

16475880802_ec7e4c83b5_b.jpg

16466837562_98c2699821_b.jpg

16280089518_cc2c778492_b.jpg

16466837982_764940e9f9_b.jpg

15847706583_dc976dd530_b.jpg

16467785875_0f101bba2f_b.jpg

15847706963_01de965726_b.jpg

16280090918_28d614662b_b.jpg

Thanks for looking :thumb

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Ditto WB mate :thumb

Can i say up to your usual standards without Gabe adding something? ;)

RE the super clamp, and the spigot mount i was making, i"ve tested the prototype and its rock solid.i have a few pics of it but can"t upload as my PC"s decided to block my access to lightroom FSR ? (probably lack of use :) so i can"t upload anything ATM If you have what"s app i can send some to you, let me know mate :)

The_Raw

Staff member
Liking the views from up there, looks like a nicely positioned site next door in pic 2 as well :D

slayaaaa

Ditto WB mate :thumb

Can i say up to your usual standards without Gabe adding something? ;)

RE the super clamp, and the spigot mount i was making, i"ve tested the prototype and its rock solid.i have a few pics of it but can"t upload as my PC"s decided to block my access to lightroom FSR ? (probably lack of use :) so i can"t upload anything ATM If you have what"s app i can send some to you, let me know mate :)

Sweet report mate, way better than my pics as usual. :p: Really nice roof this, shame it was so wet the 2nd time!