real time web analytics
Report - - New Cross Road Crane - London - June 2014 | High Stuff | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - New Cross Road Crane - London - June 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Gabe

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Not much to say about this really, not that high, not that interesting, but its at least a little different from the usual London crane. As is my life at the moment i had been out drinking somewhere, somewhere east and missed my last train home. Stayed out a bit longer drinking and left my friends and caught the bus towards Elephant and Castle so i could then get another bus back to my house. Fell asleep and woke up in Clapham, had to wait 30 mins for another bus heading back the same way, of which i fell asleep on again and woke up in Peckham. I strolled over to New Cross as i could get a bus from there, and waited patiently at the bus stop by this construction site, and thought i should return another day.

I actually used to live really close to this crane a couple of years back, opposite the petrol station you can just see down the road in the first image. When i moved there in August 2011 i wasn't into this whole urbex thing and i really fucked me off that out my bedroom window was a construction site that over the next 10 months blocked out my view over Canary Wharf a little bit every month, but it did bring the slight entertainment being that the site was so close to my window i could hear the builders talking and joking and could watch them sneaking round corners to smoke without the boss seeing. I believe it was the same people that are building this place too. I popped back a few nights later with a non member and we sat on the top of the crane for about an hour listening to piss heads like ourselves argue outside the Chinese restaurant. Eventually we made our way down and instead of doing the jump from the scaff to the crane, i noticed the door at the bottom was open and suggested we go all the way to the bottom, upon getting to the bottom i found what was a backpack, a pair of shoes, a newspaper and a half rolled cigarette, think we managed to miss security popping to the toilet by a few seconds.

Something a bit different when it comes to cranes in the capital.

14435837429_9e25cc9009_b.jpg

14436028477_0b016c8bf7_b.jpg

14621907072_311bf32c75_b.jpg

14642341633_44ed253cb9_b.jpg

14619163071_c9318c318a_b.jpg

14599390256_607b7c93c1_b.jpg

14435767958_b798c41f7e_b.jpg

14599364476_4d6317a9ec_b.jpg

The_Raw

Staff member
Sounds like a standard drunken night bus journey home....good work on getting up there :thumb

Avesy90

28DL Member
28DL Member
These look awesome! I went past near there the other day, certainly looks a lot prettier from up there.

Rik UE

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice shots, very sharp and crisp, alcohol and cranes go so well together!

Good work mate!