real time web analytics
Report - - RAF Thurleigh AirField 2024 | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - RAF Thurleigh AirField 2024

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Mr-pufer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I'm sure you've already heard a lot about this place and its amazing history so I will just go straight to my visits there and what you can do and see there.
I've been here well over 10 times and you always see something new which your usually not expecting.
There are 3 main blocks of buildings.

The control tower - blue
The wooden tower and like more - green
A few more buildings - red

map view of airfield export.png

These are all pictures from the Red zone buildings, I don't have much as there isn't nearly as much to see there

IMG_7573.JPG

IMG_7574.JPG

IMG_7671.JPG

The last picture is from the small white box you can see from the buildings but there isn't much in it.

These are some pictures from the runway

IMG_7533.JPG

IMG_7572.JPG

yeah it's okay to walk across it but you pretty out in the open if your spotted

next is pictures from the green zone. you can climb the tower and it is very fun to do so. Just be careful the bottom of the ladder is non existant.
IMG_7692.JPG

IMG_7538.JPG

IMG_7550.JPG

IMG_7675.JPG

IMG_7686.JPG

IMG_7677.JPG

IMG_7569.JPG

IMG_6523.JPG

IMG_6259.JPG

IMG_6263.JPG

IMG_6275.JPG

IMG_6276.JPG

IMG_6279.JPG

and finally the Blue zone, the control tower my favourite part.

IMG_7765.JPG

IMG_7893.JPG

IMG_7905.JPG

IMG_7910.JPG

IMG_7894.JPG

IMG_7761.JPG

while taking these pictures security was outside in a blue van so i did give up on trying to take nice pictures but hopefully it was helpful and informative.
I have lots of videos of running room to room trying to find any other way out but can't upload them on here. Also the alarms only go of for like 30 seconds after seeing motion so if they go off while your inside just know that your not alone.

Hope you enjoy the report as it is my first one and i plan on making more in the future. Thanks btw feel free to comment and ask questions

IMG_7532.JPG

IMG_7676.JPG

IMG_6257.JPG

IMG_6277.JPG

IMG_6278.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Mikeymutt

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Decent report that and nicely covered. I liked all the old buildings, shame about the graffiti.. Never seen pics from the red zone though.

Mr-pufer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Decent report that and nicely covered. I liked all the old buildings, shame about the graffiti.. Never seen pics from the red zone though.
yeah not many people have seen it I will try get some more pictures of it next time i go. real bummer about all the damage and vandalism done to the buildings however the control tower is more nicely preserved but more challenging to get in

Last edited:

Mikeymutt

28DL Regular User
Regular User
yeah not many people have seen it I will try get some more pictures of it next time i go. real bummer about all the damage and vandalism done to the buildings however the control tower is more nicely preserved but more challenging to get in
Yeah we went the tower and was east, then the old buildings and no graffiti at all. And then I have slowly done the wind tunnels well. Be nice to see more pics of the other bit.

Mr-pufer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yeah we went the tower and was east, then the old buildings and no graffiti at all. And then I have slowly done the wind tunnels well. Be nice to see more pics of the other bit.
yeah i will be sure to get some pics and im planning a trip to the wind tunnels up at twinwoods as there is no posts i could find from 2024 of people visiting them. i hope there is is a way in to the 8x8 as i couldn’t find any way in to the 3x3 before i got kicked out by security.

Mr-pufer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
yeah it is definitely a scary sight all the cameras and fences but i needed to see it all before it was demolished.
Nicely done, not heard of anyone doing the tower since they installed the new security so fair play

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Nicely explained and decent shots too. I like how you photographed the wooden tower. Good 1st report. Welcome