real time web analytics
Report - - Ramsgate tunnel (cannon rd section) Kent - July 24 | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Ramsgate tunnel (cannon rd section) Kent - July 24

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Doozer

Probably underground somewhere
Regular User
The history of this tunnel can be found on my previous report of the Westcliff section of these tunnels :- Report - - Ramsgate Tunnel (Westcliff section) Kent - Oct 2023 | Underground Sites

Explore
Visited with @Llama and @Stumpy_UX. This part of the tunnel had to be accessed rather boldly so we used some initiative and before we knew it we were in! The further down the steps we went the cooler it got which was a relief as it was hot above ground. This part of the tunnel was a lot bigger than I expected, very clean as far as abandoned tunnels go too. As we were walking around i tried to imagine what it would have been like to live down there for the people who lost their houses to bombs, it must of been hard for them.
IMG_5991.jpeg

IMG_5992.jpeg

We was in there for a couple of hours and got a few photos before making our way out, on with the photos
Looking down the steps
IMG_5957.jpeg

IMG_5959.jpeg

A short walk down to a junction
IMG_5960.jpeg

IMG_5962.jpeg

IMG_5961.jpeg

IMG_5963.jpeg

Some old signs
IMG_5964.jpeg

IMG_5965.jpeg

IMG_5966.jpeg

The sewage pipe that runs through the tunnel
IMG_5979.jpeg

IMG_5980.jpeg

IMG_5981.jpeg

IMG_5984.jpeg

IMG_5983.jpeg

A few of the passageways and steps

IMG_5985.jpeg

IMG_5968.jpeg

IMG_5969.jpeg

IMG_5976.jpeg

IMG_5972.jpeg

IMG_5988.jpeg

A blast from the past
IMG_5986.jpeg

A roof fall

IMG_5971.jpeg

Just past this roof fall leads to a complete blockage that separates this part of the tunnel from the tourist part. All in all it was a good little explore and another one ticked off the list!
Thanks for looking 👍

IMG_5970.jpeg

obscurity

Flaxenation of the G!!!
Regular User
Always takes some effort to make this one happen. Good work lads. Been a while since I last saw anyone else had done it. Not the best of the sections but always one of the toughest to do without the plod arriving

Doozer

Probably underground somewhere
Regular User
Always takes some effort to make this one happen. Good work lads. Been a while since I last saw anyone else had done it. Not the best of the sections but always one of the toughest to do without the plod arriving
Cheers obs, we did plan it well to be fair but the thought was always in the back of our minds about the police waiting for us at the entrance lol