real time web analytics
Report - - Royal London Hospital outpatients ward. Feb/Apr 2024 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Royal London Hospital outpatients ward. Feb/Apr 2024

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Not_The_Bot

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
History
The building was built in 1903 by Rowland Plumbe. The ward finally closed in 2012 after moving to a different site. The site also includes the 4-storey former outpatients annex which was built in 1935/36 to designs by architects Adams, Holden & Pearson to provide a home for the Department of Physical Medicine and the School of Physiotherapy.

The explore
Entry was super easy. The explore was really fun and I went there on two different occasions, once with my brother and the other with a friend. It was a lovely intro to urbex for my friend. This building is nothing new and visited a lot, whilst not in great shape I do think it is worth it. As I live so close it is probably my favourite in London, especially as it is such a good introduction and easy to do. The building itself is super easy to get lost in and relatively big. It also includes a massive basement which is super fun. There did seem to be signs of squatters and some heroin dotted around so do be careful if you visit. This particular squatter, if they are still there, appears to be a communist and fan of NFL if you fancy a conversation. The architecture is simply wonderful and I thoroughly enjoyed this. I would also like to mention the building is alarmed.

Photos
Again I apologise for these pictures as they are not that great.
DSC_0245.NEF.jpg

DSC_0249.NEF.jpg

DSC_0257.NEF.jpg

DSC_0260.NEF.jpg

DSC_0261.NEF.jpg

DSC_0262.NEF.jpg

DSC_0266.NEF.jpg

DSC_0896.NEF.jpg

DSC_0913.NEF.jpg

DSC_0915.NEF.jpg

DSC_0936.NEF.jpg

Seffy

Staff member
This forum is getting a bit of love as of late! Good craic, mate

Seffy

Staff member
Thanks! If all goes well I may have a few more posts, been eyeing up Ravenscourt hospital/Royal Masonic but I have my doubts.
Best way is just to go and have a look! Lots of Chinese whispers in this game ha