real time web analytics
Report - - Sheffield BT Tower - May 2014 | High Stuff | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Sheffield BT Tower - May 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

super nerris

On A Mission....
28DL Full Member
Okay so a month has past since my last post (1st post) and I strongly felt the need to do something a little more exciting!!

Still very much a novice and getting to grips with things but having loads of fun doing it!!

I had my eye on this building from the second I walked out of the shop with my camera, a friend and I had been back on a couple of occasions to see if we could make it up the stairway to heaven with no joy, we knew we didn't have long before building work started and the place was locked down tight.

Building work started a couple of weeks back which made new entry's appear, we just had to wait for the right moment and hope the rain would hold off.

On heading out the sky's looked awesome and looked like the rain would hold off so we made the thirsty journey up 15 flights of stairs onto the roof, my heart was thumping while taking in the views I couldn't work out if it was from the stairs or the adrenalin. The view was amazing and feel privileged to be one of the people who has been up on the roof.

The rain didn't hold back for to long until we were swimming it it, we managed to find shelter but it just kept coming hence not masses of pictures

At least my fear of heights has gone!!!:laugh

Hope you all enjoy:)

History from Wikipedia:

The Sheffield Telephone House, also known as the BT Telephone House, the BT House or the BT Tower, is a tower on Charter Row in Sheffield. It is 56 metres tall, and has 15 floors. It was formerly owned by BT, managing the phone networks in Sheffield, and was built in 1972 on the site of old council housing.[2]

Quite before the storm

_DSC0014_zps9d02d76d.jpg

_DSC0015_zps9cd60354.jpg

Moody

_DSC0013_zpsad0d8c17.jpg

_DSC0002_1_zpse625759a.jpg

_DSC0018_zps815374e1.jpg

_DSC0017_zps72772754.jpg

Very worth getting wet for!!

Thanks For Looking......:)

Xan_Asmodi

Cave Monster
28DL Full Member
Well worth it, mate! Nice one! :thumb Nothing like the buzz of launching yourself up a flight of stairs and hoping for the best

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice night shots :)

Pity the Pollution always boosts the Purple saturation in long exp shots, i usually miss it till i"ve PP"d them mine :(

Didn"t realise where this Building actually was till i saw pic 5 with the Demo site on the left, now i know thanks

Seffy

Staff member
Yes to that, good work! Nothing like having something rewarding at the end of a climb of any length, so rewarding.

jazzywheelz

Boring Bearded Bastard
28DL Full Member
Top work mate. Nice write-up and some great shots :thumb

It's a sweet rooftop. One of the best in the city imo. Glad a few more folk are getting to see it now.

Who has read this thread (Total: 6) View details