real time web analytics
Report - - St John's College - Portsmouth | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - St John's College - Portsmouth

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

wesleybrown

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
St John's College was a private day and boarding school in Southsea, which is arguably the fancier side of Portsmouth in Hampshire. It shut its doors in 2022 but remained semi-active until last year, when the redevelopment firm getting the green light.

As a Londoner who has swapped the Big Smoke for the slightly less smoky (but more rat-infested) island of Portsmouth & Southsea for half his life, I’m always on the lookout for a good explore. This little gem is currently the crown jewel of the city. Most of the college is still frozen in time, although a bit of work has already begun on the main building. Unfortunately, the chapel and other key highlights have been stripped cleaner than a whistle.

With security patrols and a labyrinth of locked doors, navigating the site was tricky. Still, I managed to check off 80% of the buildings. This place is an explorer’s paradise, with potential treasures still lurking in the shadows. It’s not on the tour bus circuit yet, and it’s a rare find these days to stumble upon something so untouched.

Big shoutout to @british_tea_guy for helping me sneak into most of the site, couldn't of done so much without help on the day.

St John's College, Portsmouth_1.jpg

St John's College, Portsmouth_2 copy.jpg

St John's College, Portsmouth_6 copy.jpg

St John's College, Portsmouth_8 copy.jpg

St John's College, Portsmouth_9 copy.jpg

St John's College, Portsmouth_10 copy.jpg

St John's College, Portsmouth_11 copy.jpg

St John's College, Portsmouth_12 copy.jpg

St John's College, Portsmouth_13 copy.jpg

St John's College, Portsmouth_14.jpg

St John's College, Portsmouth_15.jpg

St John's College, Portsmouth_16.jpg

St John's College, Portsmouth_17.jpg

St John's College, Portsmouth_18.jpg

St John's College, Portsmouth_19.jpg

St John's College, Portsmouth_20.jpg

St John's College, Portsmouth_21.jpg

St John's College, Portsmouth_22.jpg

St John's College, Portsmouth_23jpg.jpg

St John's College, Portsmouth_24.jpg.jpg

St John's College, Portsmouth_25.jpg.jpg

St John's College, Portsmouth_26.jpg.jpg

St John's College, Portsmouth_27.jpg.jpg

St John's College, Portsmouth_28.jpg.jpg

St John's College, Portsmouth_29.jpg.jpg

St John's College, Portsmouth_30.jpg.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

albino-jay

g00n Buster
Staff member
Gonna move this back in to public mate. One of your mates has banged it all over YouTube and had his post declined on here so pointless trying to keep a lid on it.

Cool for a school though, in good nick.

wesleybrown

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Guys, I have been contacted by the owner of the nursery on this location, which apparently is still in full use. Ive asked her to put a sign on the door to let explorers know that is the case. Please just be mindful of that if you take a look. Understandably she's pretty freaked out by it all.

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Guys, I have been contacted by the owner of the nursery on this location, which apparently is still in full use. Ive asked her to put a sign on the door to let explorers know that is the case. Please just be mindful of that if you take a look. Understandably she's pretty freaked out by it all.

I can understand her concerns, looking back at the photos it's far cleaner and tidier than any other parts of the building and the last thing they will want is a bunch of goons messing it all up. A definite way for it all to end badly...

wesleybrown

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I can understand her concerns, looking back at the photos it's far cleaner and tidier than any other parts of the building and the last thing they will want is a bunch of goons messing it all up. A definite way for it all to end badly...
Yeah its just one little out building to the side and most the rooms in it are trashed (which doesn't help her). She's been really cool about it all, she doesn't seem to have any issues with what we do or us looking at the college, just asks we please do not mess about in her nursery...