real time web analytics
Report - - Stalybridge power station - Sept 2024 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Stalybridge power station - Sept 2024

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

paulpowers

Massive Member
Regular User
I've got to be honest I only visited this because I was going past with work and I wanted to try out the DJI Neo drone in a derp
Since I was last here a decade ago this place has been fucked
The drone was pretty good tother than when I went into a dark room and it just landed on its own

I shave my head but if you're at all conscious of your hairline this is a brutal camera angle 🤣

The station was opened in 1926 by the Stalybridge, Hyde, Mossley and Dukinfield Transport and Electricity Board. The station began operation with three Metropolitan-Vickers 12,500 kW turbo-alternators generating at the local SHMD supply frequency of 40 Hz. Later that year the station's output was changed to the nationally agreed standard of 50 Hz. In 1935, a major expansion of Hartshead began with the first of three new Metropolitan-Vickers 30,000 kW generating sets being commissioned, followed by the second set in 1943 and the third set in 1950.

The station's concrete cooling towers were constructed in the 1940s. Coal was delivered to the plant at Millbrook railway sidings on the Micklehurst Line, situated on the opposite side of the Huddersfield Narrow Canal. The sidings were built in 1932 and had space to hold up to 130 12-ton wagons. Coal was fed into a hopper underneath the sidings before being transported on an enclosed conveyor belt which emerged high above the valley to cross the River Tame and canal before entering the station at a high level. The station was closed on 29 October 1979 with a generating capacity of 64 megawatts.[8] It was demolished September 24, 1989, although part of the site is still used as an electrical substation.

53990175918_d3f6301f74_z.jpg

53990362600_59fa83d4c6_c.jpg

53990253119_9315a3d751_c.jpg

53990362560_881901417a_c.jpg

53989938826_c054a7fe96_c.jpg

53989041997_c7b03af702_c.jpg

53990252824_ec6c6a2ed8_c.jpg

53990362265_bdedb0a891_c.jpg

And the unedited videos

Last edited:

Mikeymutt

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Loving the drone stuff. Been looking at reviews on this new drone and very tempted. Love how the drone has took you into the future as well :)

paulpowers

Massive Member
Regular User
Loving the drone stuff. Been looking at reviews on this new drone and very tempted. Love how the drone has took you into the future as well :)

It's cheap as well for what it is, only problem is that it can't fly in the dark so can't take it in tunnels which was what I wanted to do

Mikeymutt

28DL Regular User
Regular User
It's cheap as well for what it is, only problem is that it can't fly in the dark so can't take it in tunnels which was what I wanted to do
Yeah I have never used a drone and not bothered about an expensive one. Just be nice to have a small half decent one. That I can shoot inside some buildings and above. And this fits the bill. Seems it punches above its weight for the price. Although not expecting all the bells and whistles. Would have to get the fly more combo though.

paulpowers

Massive Member
Regular User
Yeah I have never used a drone and not bothered about an expensive one. Just be nice to have a small half decent one. That I can shoot inside some buildings and above. And this fits the bill. Seems it punches above its weight for the price. Although not expecting all the bells and whistles. Would have to get the fly more combo though.

With a controller it's well worth buying

Midnight Odyssey

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Man I really need to dust my drone off and get it out again at some point. I didn't know they could follow you these days, holy crap that's cool. In a kind of unnerving sort of way...

HughieD

28DL Regular User
Regular User
That drone footage is well cool. Was here recently and it is pretty much a shell not, innit?