real time web analytics
Report - - Tate Modern TC, London SE1 - May 2012 | High Stuff | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Tate Modern TC, London SE1 - May 2012

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Adders

living in a cold world
Regular User
The Tate Modern is an art gallery on London's Southbank. It's an old power station, and is currently infested with sharks and other Hirst-isms that you can pay £15 to go and look at in a bewildered fashion.

Sitting above the building site is a 96 metre tower crane, which had a slightly taller brother up until this week which has been culled for some reason. The crane which remains is a sketchy beast, and appears to be warped when you look at it. It had some mean wobble at the top, so taking photos was a bit of a mission. Wind probably didn't help either.

Visited with AndrewB. It was his idea, and his execution after previous recces. We celebrated with a trip to Beigel Bake afterwards. We almost didn't go for it, as there was a fair amount of activity onsite at first, but bit the bullet and managed to get in, up, down and out problem free.

I tried really hard to get some non-fisheye shots. But for some reason each time I tried both my 20mm and 50mm lenses the blur was incredible, and just wouldn't allow. So fisheye carnage ensues.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

Who has read this thread (Total: 4) View details