real time web analytics
Report - - Teffont Quarry, Chilmark, Wiltshire - Feb 2024 | Mines and Quarries | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Teffont Quarry, Chilmark, Wiltshire - Feb 2024

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

AlfExplores

28DL Member
28DL Member
Firstly, I do apologise if I mess this report up as it is my first .

This was my first real explore I have ever done . We were on the way back from work and my friends @marshallman1 (+ 1 none member )were talking about a quarry site that recently been open some what close to us . After looking at the forecast and deciding it was a no go for work the next day due to forecast downpours ( which we did get and helped me discover that my coat was in fact not as waterproof as I imagined) . So with no work it was decided that we would go for an explore . Thankfully my nerves weren’t too bad as they had been Urbexing for a few years now .

History

I couldn’t find much history for this site unlike the site across the road which was used as ammunition storage during the Second World War . I believe that the site closed around 2010 after the lease for the site and stone extraction Finnished .

The Explore

Despite the great British wether displaying its finest rain I enjoyed the explore which lasted around an hour and 30 mins . It was my second time underground and it felt quite relaxing to be in complete darkness at times when the torches were switched off . Anyway enough of me talking now for some photos .
IMG_9963.jpeg

IMG_9927.jpeg

IMG_9941.jpeg

IMG_9961.jpeg

IMG_9964.jpeg

IMG_9981.jpeg

IMG_9925.jpeg

Thanks for reading , any criticism is welcome and I do apologise for the the lack of photos as it seems I was enjoying the explore to much and forgot to take more !

Last edited by a moderator: