real time web analytics
Report - - The Lyric cinema Leeds | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - The Lyric cinema Leeds

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Scho264

The Scho
Banned
Some of this is taken from websites .

This is my first post I will get some more pictures.

The Lyric opened in 1922 and in the face of competion from the local multiplexes, finally closed it's doors for the last time as a cinema in 1988. It has since been used as a lightbulb factory also a church and is currently being used as kitchen manufacturing.
For a very limited time only in 2011 it was made accessible to the public due to Turner Prize .
When the cinema closed, the original projectors were left in situ, and have now been restored by the original Projectionist to show the specially comissioned film that was never shown to the public .
Many of the fixtures and fittings have been removed, there is still enough to see.
The photographs was taken quickly as was put of bounds and I did not have access to my proper camera but atleast people can see what's left of projection room , last pic is has door that would of lead to third balcony

Looks like the room was abandoned .

photo hosting sites

IMAG0854.jpg
image hosting free

image url upload

IMAG0856.jpg
image hosting more than 5mb

IMAG0857.jpg
image upload no ads

post img

IMAG0859.jpg
image sharing

IMAG0860.jpg
image upload with preview

upload gif from url

IMAG0862.jpg
free upload

IMAG0863.jpg
jpg images

IMAG0864.jpg
image hoster

IMAG0865.jpg
upload pictures

Last edited:

Raz

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Those projectors are pretty impressive, what's the place currently used for?

Scho264

The Scho
Banned
Its a kitchen manufacturers .
I will get some more pictures another day
Just do not want to get caught

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
Not a church anymore then? They had those projectors up and running a while back.

Scho264

The Scho
Banned
No not anymore they have been gone about a year and a half . Was last running in 2011 the projectors .