real time web analytics
Urban Exploring Videos | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Urban Exploring Videos

Moderated - Staff reserve the right to reject unsuitable content

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Video - Bryn Brickworls Brick Kiln near Port Talbot South Wales

Bryn and Cwmavon Brick Works Co. The earliest reference to this brickworks I can find is the 1906 Kelly's Directory and it appears in subsequent issues until the mid 1920s. A Grade II listed building, their website mentions that Bryn Brickworks was constructed after 1894 and continued production into the 1920s. They also state the kiln block stood at the SE end of the works adjacent to a siding of the Port Talbot Railway. The kiln is the only surviving structure on the site, although a large wall of undetermined purpose but probably for mounting equipment for the loading of railway wagons is adjacent to the kiln about 100 yards to the west.

I managed to have a good look at this whilst walking the old railway that goes alongside

Last edited by a moderator:

Video - Thornton Fever Hospital - Fife

Opened in 1902 as a fever isolation hospital- treating illnesses such as scarlet fever, diphtheria and meningitis. The Fife Typhoid epidemic in 1903 ensured that the hospital was full to capacity. Due to the building of the new hospital in Dunfermline the hospital closed its doors in 1967 and remained empty until 1970.
It was then that the building was bought and turned into an institution for children between the age of 6-16 who were seen as maladjusted and mentally handicapped. Children from all over the UK were sent to the school. An inspection was carried out in 1971 after concerns were raised that the school was not fit for purpose. The owner of the school became bankrupt in 1972 and the school closed.

Does anyone have any of there own photographs and accounts on this place? Please, feel free to share them.

Thank you and have a pleasant day
T

Video - Pen-Yr-Orsedd Slate Quarry - North Wales - November '22

Pen-Yr-Orsedd is home to the last standing blondin winder in Wales so its worth a visit just to see that! Theres quite a few winder buildings that would of controlled the blondin lift mechanisms then a large mill on the mid lever and a smaller older mill at the base of the quarry with a few old machines. These were a few clips I forgot I had on my phone so just chucked them together with some still shots from the day.

Video - Exploring the Unknown: Unraveling the Mystery of Germany's Hidden Relics / Part 3

Hey Urbex Community,

I wanted to share a recent exploration experience that was truly unforgettable. We stumbled upon an intriguing abandoned building that seemed to be an art piece in itself. The structure was a labyrinth of rooms, each one revealing something new and unexpected.

As we descended to the lower floors, we were met with a sight that took our breath away. The building was interconnected with others through a vast network of underground tunnels. It was like stepping into a different world, hidden beneath the surface.

One of the most fascinating discoveries was a room that seemed to be a dining area, complete with a small kitchen. The room was filled with old plastic furniture, which was a stark contrast to the rest of the building's decaying beauty.

But the real highlight of the exploration was the sound of a piano echoing through the building. We were certain there was a piano somewhere in the building, and we were determined to find it. The thought of a security guard sitting alone in an abandoned building, playing the piano, was both eerie and oddly amusing.

As we navigated through the building, we had to be mindful of our dwindling battery life. We were running on 9%, but the thrill of the exploration kept us going. We found a room labeled "Stationszimmer" (Ward Room), which was a curious sight.

The exploration was filled with moments of awe, laughter, and a few scares. But that's what makes urban exploration so exhilarating, isn't it? The thrill of the unknown, the stories left untold, and the beauty found in decay.

Can't wait to share more of our adventures with you all. Until then, stay curious and keep exploring!

Best, Concrete Journey

Video - F*CK CAVE CLAN

Sometimes the basic insults are the best.

Video - Skears Firestone Mine : North Pennines : Crossing Deadly False Floors, Laddering Up To New Areas :

The video :

In this video, we explore the abandoned Skears Firestone Mine in the Northern Pennines. He we come across several features including false floors, a collapsed stope, huge shafts an we even get to ladder up into new areas!

A few pics from the adventure :
20230326_181627.jpg

20230326_164519.jpg

20230326_165445.jpg

20230326_171337.jpg
20230326_173319.jpg

20230326_165847.jpg

20230326_171225.jpg

20230326_181627.jpg

Video - Chiddingstone church and castle explore - march 2023

this is my explore of a very funky designed Chiddingstone church and magnificent Chiddingstone castle built basically next to eachother very cool places.. hope u enjoy 👌💯💚✨🙏

Video - Exploring The Flues, Tailrace & Remains Of The Derwent Lead Smelt Mills

In this video, we explore the surface and underground remains of the Derwent lead mine smelt mills. Although little remains on the surface, there are some interesting remains including the furnace, a waterwheel pit and the surface flues. Underground, we explore the remains of the tailrace and the flues in the lower part of the valley. We also explain how children were employed at the site and how their labours caused them extreme suffering and early death.

Video - Capelcleugh & Dowgang Lead Mines : The Amazing Preservation & Exploring The Unknown Depths

The Caplecleugh Vein and its branches were initially accessed through shafts leading to the Firestone Sill. The Caplecleugh Horse Level adit, which originally served Peatstack, Brigal Burn, and Dowgang mines, was established during the same period.

In the early 19th century, between 1819 and 1825, the London Lead Company leased the Caplecleugh veins and constructed the current level along the Brigal Burn Vein. The company extended the level southward along the Black Ashgill Cross Vein, eventually reaching the Caplecleugh Vein. This level provides access to the extensive Caplecleugh Mine complex, stretching from Whitesike to Smallcleugh.

Later on, in the late 1800s, the Nenthead and Tynedale Lead and Zinc Company worked the Caplecleugh mine. Finally, it was taken over and reworked by the Vieille Montagne Zinc Company for zinc mining.

In the video, our exploration takes us to an area we have not visited before, and we are excited to see what we will find. We will take you through the winding tunnels, pointing out interesting features along the way. So, if you love history, adventure, and exploring unique and unusual places, then join us as we explore Capelcleugh and Dowgang, and discover the secrets of these fascinating old lead mines. Don't forget to like, share, and subscribe to our channel for more exciting adventures!

Video - Cold War Nuclear Bunker Malta

Me and Angelo this time will explore a unique place for Malta, a run-down nuclear shelter!

The structure, dug into the side of Rihana valley was intended as an alternative command post for the British in case of a nuclear fallout during the Cold War.

The shelter was built deep into the rock to keep radiation at bay and was equipped with a filtration system to provide its occupants with clean air.

Unfortunately now is in a very bad state although the local is planning to restore it.