real time web analytics
Report - - Buxton Corporation Waterworks- Buxton - October 2024 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Buxton Corporation Waterworks- Buxton - October 2024

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

MK83

Wife and husband
28DL Full Member
This small water treatment works was built in 1957 to treat water from Stanley Moor reservoir. It's a typical small works using Alum as a coagulant, filtration and chlorine dosing.
The reservoir was built on a geological fault-line causing problems with leakage and the capacity of the reservoir was reduced to try and alleviate this, eventually the dam was breached and the reservoir decommissioned making the works redundant.

We've had this place on our list for years but it's always been sealed when we've been in the area until this visit. While it's been on here many times and it's very trashed we found it quite photogenic and it's good to finally tick it off. The decay is decent in places and the lighting makes for some pretty atmospheric shots.

IMG_3274~2.JPG

IMG_3281~2.JPG

IMG_3270~2.JPG

IMG_3298~2.JPG

IMG_1190~2.JPG

IMG_3289~2.JPG

IMG_3266~2.JPG

IMG_3278~2.JPG

IMG_1178~2.JPG

IMG_1183~2.JPG

IMG_3286.JPG

IMG_1161~2.JPG

IMG_1177~2.JPG

IMG_3271~2.JPG

IMG_3309~2.JPG

IMG_3304~2.JPG

IMG_3318~2.JPG

IMG_3316~2.JPG

Thanks for looking.

dansgas1000

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Lovely pictures, agreed the lighting looks great. I also failed this when in the area, but quite a few people seem to be visiting recently so will have to give it another shot at some point!

MK83

Wife and husband
28DL Full Member
Lovely pictures, agreed the lighting looks great. I also failed this when in the area, but quite a few people seem to be visiting recently so will have to give it another shot at some point!
Cheers mate, it's worth a look if your passing. Not much left but a nice building with some retro bits.
Some lovely shots there.
Thanks, we were pleased with how they turned out.
Nice I always like the look of this place. Shame they covered up half of the skylight!
I quite liked it being part covered, added to the derelict look of the place and lowered the light levels.
Nice update on the place. 👍
Cheers. Not changed since last post but everyone's taken on a place is a bit different.