real time web analytics
Report - - Ironstone mine in Huntingdonshire 2019 | Mines and Quarries | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Ironstone mine in Huntingdonshire 2019

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Down and beyond

The true source of englands wealth is coal
Regular User
Conversion of 4 d into today’s money thanks for link

Down and beyond

Regular User
Was a great exploration, due to its position that mine is very badly flooded now so won’t be able to update this report for a while

pirate

Rum Swigger
28DL Full Member
from Wiki.

“The Cornish described the creature as a little person two feet tall, with a disproportionately large head, long arms, wrinkled skin, and white whiskers. It wears a tiny version of standard miner's garb and commits random mischief, such as stealing miners' unattended tools and food”

maybe that’s why the Cornish left pastie leftovers rather than boots

tigger

mog
Regular User
Generally the bwca are regarded as impish and playful rather than malevolent. Unfortunately that kind of behaviour in mines is dangerous. My grandfather never explained why the old boots/shoes helped. They'd be more permanent than the corner of an oggie or chunk of bread. As a child exploring adits in Cumbria it was all just part of the folklore tradition being handed down and by the time I wanted to know more about the reasons it was too late.

.....and appologies to the OP about the odd turn the boots have taken us down I hope it adds to the thread rather than detracting from the 'report'.

Down and beyond

Regular User
Generally the bwca are regarded as impish and playful rather than malevolent. Unfortunately that kind of behaviour in mines is dangerous. My grandfather never explained why the old boots/shoes helped. They'd be more permanent than the corner of an oggie or chunk of bread. As a child exploring adits in Cumbria it was all just part of the folklore tradition being handed down and by the time I wanted to know more about the reasons it was too late.

.....and appologies to the OP about the odd turn the boots have taken us
. Your all fine carry on lol I find all these theories rather interesting a massive learning curve on my behalf

pirate

Rum Swigger
28DL Full Member
@tigger ahh I see so it was a permanent pair/set of boots rather than workers leaving their boots there between shifts

Who has read this thread (Total: 212) View details