real time web analytics
Night Photography | Photo Threads | Page 22 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Night Photography

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Everyonefreezes

tinyurl.com/yzfp8dt
28DL Full Member
6156455776_99f74c0778_z.jpg

=]

mak sutov

28DL Member
28DL Member
here's a photo of the Moon I took a couple of years ago.

moon28d.gif

details
View attachment 385532

View attachment 385533

View attachment 385534

It's a mosaic/composite so a bit of a cheat but it's the only way round atmospheric distubances. Nikon D40 attached to my 'scope with x2 Barlow lens (4000mm f1:28). The camera went into CashConverters in an emergency and never came out :( but I got a new one recently :) Looking forward to some terrestrial exploring too.

Xan_Asmodi

Cave Monster
28DL Full Member
Makes my moon photos look like the where taken with a point and shoot. These are fucking awesome Mak

ZerO81

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
^^ Seen this shot a few times now and it still looks as good now ^^

Great work mate :thumb

mak sutov

28DL Member
28DL Member
Not the most complex, but I was testing a lens

6141126677_a20ed29e4b_z.jpg

I'm using a 400mm m42 lens with a x2 converter. With having an APSC sensor there is a crop factor of just over x1.5. So effectively a focal length of 1200mm. The aperture was f6.4 and exposure of 2 seconds

Makes my moon photos look like the where taken with a point and shoot. These are fucking awesome Mak

Cheers, the first four of the images below were taken with an old 400mm f1:6.3 m42 fit. The coatings aren't that good but the field is very flat (is this why the moon is at the edge in the test?) Like it! at high powers the slightest breeze or mirror flip can ruin a shot, that's nice and crisp.

The light pollution here is "amazing" so I spent more time in front of the computer than behind the camera:(

Urban (stella) Exploration

Comet Lulin before and after "tweaking" (stack, curves...)
lulinlpfix.gif

Pleaides
View attachment 385664

Andromeda Galaxy
View attachment 385665

Double Cluster in Perseus
View attachment 385666

Saturn and moons
View attachment 385667

If anyone is interested objects 2 3 and 4 are visible at the moment, Pleaides 20 degrees left of Jupiter but this isn't the Sky at Night forum:)

OptiBull

Custom User Title
28DL Full Member
I sometimes struggle because my camera has a max exposure of 30 seconds.

But i do enjoy setting up a good old night shot...

m_IMGP4191-1.jpg

m_IMGP4183.jpg

m_IMGP4186.jpg

Bunk3r

28DL Memb3r
28DL Full Member
I sometimes struggle because my camera has a max exposure of 30 seconds.

you can take more than one picture then add the together either by adding the layers in photoshop, or using (free) 'stacking' software aimed at the long star exposures.

hooch-lemon

EXPLORING SOMERSET
28DL Full Member
you can take more than one picture then add the together either by adding the layers in photoshop, or using (free) 'stacking' software aimed at the long star exposures.

sorry to jump in but my camera goes to 60 second but it takes 60 seconds more to process each shot so how can you get around that :confused

Who has read this thread (Total: 344) View details