real time web analytics
General Photo Thread | Photo Threads | Page 121 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

General Photo Thread

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
A couple of shots from an absolute wreck of a care home I popped into on the way home at the weekend. Strathmore House near Elm has been closed for well over a decade, I'd had it pinned for ages as I couldn't remember seeing any photos from it before, and I reckon I was about eight years too late. It's only slightly more structurally stable inside than the Old Rectory in Rampton, and much more of a mess.

1/10 wouldn't go again, but if you don't at least look your itch will never be scratched.

IMG_0898.jpg

IMG_0892.jpg

IMG_0893.jpg

IMG_0894.jpg

IMG_0895.jpg

IMG_0896.jpg

IMG_0897.jpg

westernsultan

Banned
Banned
MK1 TSO M4932 at Wishaw January 2023
DSC_5314.JPG

Tourist Second Open or Tourist Standard Open, abbreviated to TSO, is a type of British Railways coach. The designation "Tourist" was originally as opposed to a normal SO (Second Open) coach. Both types have the same number of seating bays per coach, but the TSO has four seats across, arranged 2+2 either side of a central aisle. The Mark 1 TSO contains eight seating bays, three transverse entrance vestibules, and two toilets arranged either side of a central corridor leading to the gangway at one end. The eight bays are distributed along the coach in two saloons of four bays either side of the almost-central door vestibule (this is slightly offset towards one end by the presence of the toilets at the other end), and the saloon nearest to the toilets is further divided into two saloons of two bays each by a transverse partition.

dansgas1000

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Maybe not appropriate for a full report, but here's a dilapidated old house/cabin nestled deep in Woodlands south of Hull. To most, this would be a bit of a derp, but due to the remote location and the construction style of the building, I thought it was lovely. Also free of graffiti other some words scratched in/written with chalk on some of the walls.

IMG_2313.jpg

IMG_2297-HDR.jpg

IMG_2273-HDR.jpg

IMG_2270-HDR.jpg

IMG_2219-HDR.jpg

IMG_2201-HDR.jpg

IMG_2195-HDR.jpg

The Amateur Wanderer

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Maybe not appropriate for a full report, but here's a dilapidated old house/cabin nestled deep in Woodlands south of Hull. To most, this would be a bit of a derp, but due to the remote location and the construction style of the building, I thought it was lovely. Also free of graffiti other some words scratched in/written with chalk on some of the walls.

IMG_2313.jpg

IMG_2297-HDR.jpg

IMG_2273-HDR.jpg

IMG_2270-HDR.jpg

IMG_2219-HDR.jpg

IMG_2201-HDR.jpg

IMG_2195-HDR.jpg

Nice, South of Hull though? It's deep within the Humber Estuary?

dansgas1000

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I initially did Stewartby Brickworks back in 2019 and was my second report on here. I haven't visited since they demolished the chimneys and was keen to go back and have a look to see what's left. Quite a bit remains, but as I have visited many times in the past I decided to focus on some of the smaller little bits that I didn't pay much attention to in the past. I found some nice smaller rooms/workshops that I thought were pretty photogenic:

IMG_3154-HDR.jpg

IMG_3194-HDR.jpg

IMG_3100-HDR.jpg

IMG_3106-HDR.jpg

IMG_3157-HDR.jpg

IMG_3200-HDR.jpg

IMG_3212-HDR.jpg

For anyone who still hasn't visited, in my opinion, it is still worth a look. But there is now pretty on-the-ball security believe it or not but they are not 24hr.

albino-jay

g00n Buster
Staff member
@tweek @albino-jay as requested.. bog standard mill floor with a nice view. One of them that are nicer on the outside than in i think, although I wonder what the engineering workshop is like inside across the pond in the old weaving shed, hopefully pretty decant - the old engineer machinist who looks after the workshop was out and it was tipping it down so didn't get to it (usually the door is open) one for another time!

View attachment 1047647

View attachment 1047648

They need to give there windows a good clean too!

View attachment 1047649

are these all from No1 then? Looks good. I got shouted at in that engine house 😂

Who has read this thread (Total: 2818) View details