real time web analytics
General Photo Thread | Photo Threads | Page 25 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

General Photo Thread

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Mr Beady

Beards
28DL Full Member
16005949953_e86e53bab2_b.jpg

Pest

Read comics and sleep all day, = no worries
28DL Full Member
My first proper explore was to be the old grain elevator complex in West Bank, East London, South Africa. The complex; built in the early 60's; owed much of its existence to my grandfather (Recently Widowed) who shunted the materials in during its construction. After completion; it was, until dismantling began, the largest grain elevator on the African Continent. An older one in Cape Town (Still Standing and heritage listed) is a far smaller. However; neglect, poor maintenance, years of disuse, and the elements have taken their toll on the old structure; and I was informed by my mom's work mate that the dilapidated structure has been condemned and has to come down for safety reasons. Just when I thought I'd get my first explore; me and several other explorers who were willing to check out this structure have been railroaded; and evidence of dismantling is clearly visible. The elevator is being taken down by hand, as it is in close proximity to the Castle Point Rear Range Beacon. The 100 attached silos next door are not part of the demo work; and are being retained as a focal point and a landmark to the area. These silos must be sealed up pretty tight; as I scoped out the entire structure from the fence: no broken windows; no graffiti; no cracks in the silos and the main tower. Here are some photos I took during the second scopeout mission. I was disappointed.

Slide1_1.jpg

The main reason that implosion is being avoided is because of that beacon tower in the foreground. The front range beacon tower is on the dock in front of the elevator. The front range beacon tower sits on the site of the old Castle Point Lighthouse; which was demolished after being replaced by the more handsome Hood Point Lighthouse; which I've done a report about.

Slide2_1.jpg

Slide3_1.jpg

Slide4_1.jpg

Slide5_1.jpg

Slide6_1.jpg

Some shots I took of the silo complex.

Slide7_1.jpg

As you can see; there is absolutely nothing wrong with this structure.

Slide8_1.jpg

Slide9_1.jpg

A piece of the elevator has been removed already, which can be seen to the left of the silos.

Slide10_1.jpg

Slide11_1.jpg

Slide12_1.jpg

Slide13_1.jpg

Slide14_1.jpg

Slide15_1.jpg

These photos have been scaled down for display on the board. If you would like to see the original high-quality photographs (Which I highly recommend), just give me a shout. If you look at the high-quality version of the last photo; you can just barely make out the silhouettes of the internal machinery through the windows. I spoke to a fellow explorer on the 4th scopeout, and he said that it is now almost impossible to get into the silos; as they have been sealed up tight; and there is crews on the other side of the silos carrying out shoreline restoration; and the risk of being caught by the crew is too high. A night mission would be possible; thats if there is still some bits of this thing left to explore.

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I"ve never understood whether you"re for real or not ? and the above tends to clarify the latter for me personally :rolleyes:

You have enough pics for a report(which shouldn"t be posted here anyway TBH) but most of them basically show the same external image, external of the Security fences at different focal lengths and a few paces left or right, if at all?

No offence but why would anyone want to see high res images of these ? Never mind the 5 conveyor pics, you have 9 pics 9!!! of the same building showing the same side & basically it"s the same image...WHY? One pic of it would suffice and that could be classed as excessive :)

Thank God you had a zoom lens or the ability to crop a single image or you"d have been well stuck :crazy

I think you ought to join the 28 Days Later Facebook Forum for some serious advice mate:D

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
I"ve never understood whether you"re for real or not ? and the above tends to clarify the latter for me personally :rolleyes:

You have enough pics for a report(which shouldn"t be posted here anyway TBH) but most of them basically show the same external image, external of the Security fences at different focal lengths and a few paces left or right, if at all?

No offence but why would anyone want to see high res images of these ? Never mind the 5 conveyor pics, you have 9 pics 9!!! of the same building showing the same side & basically it"s the same image...WHY? One pic of it would suffice and that could be classed as excessive :)

Thank God you had a zoom lens or the ability to crop a single image or you"d have been well stuck :crazy

I think you ought to join the 28 Days Later Facebook Forum for some serious advice mate:D

I did wonder along the same lines about the repetitive pictures almost the same etc..But i went out the house and found something less boring to do instead

Snake Oil

go in drains
28DL Full Member
its not really urban exploring if you're stood outside the site, if it was then Buckingham Palace would have been umbecksd to death by now.

choctaw

Lost in Abandonedment.
28DL Full Member
Well, sometimes the findings you do hurts a bit in the heart....

15422048278_3675447510_b.jpg

Last edited:

coolboyslim

Mr Reality Hacker
28DL Full Member
Why you say that it's only general stuff. If you can't say anything constructive why bother. This is why people just stop posting anything at all. Does my skull in lol.

Who has read this thread (Total: 2814) View details