real time web analytics
Night Photography | Photo Threads | Page 54 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Night Photography

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

PaulW

28DL Member
28DL Member
8057235311_742a76da2b_c.jpg

Styru

Admin
28DL Full Member
I am very new to both Photography and Urbex, but he's a couple of my night shots;

Cheers for sharing.

One thing I really struggled with is focus - my last shot probably would have been perfect if it had focused a little better :-(

That's the giveaway mate - if 'it' had focused - you should be in charge of your cameras focus, don't leave it to the camera :thumb

ViralEye

Drain Ninja
28DL Full Member
I am guessing that for pitch black photography manual focus is the way forward?

Last edited:

Styru

Admin
28DL Full Member
I am guessing that for pitch black photography manual focus is the way forward?

Well I would say manual focus is the best way in most conditions - light or dark - that being said - I would go for zone focusing in total darkness - quickest and easiest way.

ViralEye

Drain Ninja
28DL Full Member
I have a Sony NEX 5N with kit kens 18-55. This has a full size cmos sensor thingy(not micro 4 thirds). Its a kind of point and shoot camera but with all the settings and lenses of a DSLR. Zone focus wouldnt work if the focus ring continually turns though? Would it?

Can you tell I am a complete noob to photography!?!

ViralEye

Drain Ninja
28DL Full Member
i have to say its an amazing camera, i just need to get to grips with the settings to get the best from it.

at least i know i can come on here for good advice :-)

Styru

Admin
28DL Full Member
i have to say its an amazing camera, i just need to get to grips with the settings to get the best from it.

at least i know i can come on here for good advice :-)

Did you get the viewfinder with it? - if not put it on your Christmas list - it will make it much more pleasurable to use :thumb

Who has read this thread (Total: 344) View details