real time web analytics
Urban Exploring Videos | Page 22 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Urban Exploring Videos

Moderated - Staff reserve the right to reject unsuitable content

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Video - Lafarge Cement Works controlled demolition, Wiltshire - September 2016

Not sure what happened to the first video I put up, but here it is again.

In February 2009, Lafarge announced manufacturing at the plant, which opened in 1962, would be suspended as a result of increasingly difficult cost and market conditions.

For over half a century the chimney has towered above Wiltshire, being easly identified from miles away, until this morning, when a controlled demolition removed this iconic landmark leaving almost no trace of its existence.
I couldn't see the flag a member of this site attached to the top of the chimney, guessing they took it down beforehand.

Thanks for looking.

Video - Driving into an abandoned mine

Not my video, popped up on my newsfeed today...

We did this in the Paris suburbs, good fun, but not great for the car.

Video - 100m Crane Climb Vienna

hey guys,

we recently climbed a 100m crane in vienna. We did it at night an so we did not get spotted.
Hope you guys like the video!

Video - St Joesephs Hospital/Orphanage - Preston - June 2016

Video - Kellingley Colliery (Big K) - Here, there and everywhere

Myself, @Raz & @The Amateur Wanderer have had Kellingley basically to ourselves over the last few months. With the security being less than shite and nobody really seeming to go for a look about we have explored pretty much every part of the site aside from the miners rescue.

As of Yesterday, 360 ducks and diggers have rolled into site, so the demolition is about to commence so if you want to see it get in there :thumb

Alternatively, just watch this;

Ta for looking :)

Video - Lancaster Moor Lunatic Asylum (July 2016)

Here is what Lancaster Moor Lunatic Asylum looks like in 2016.

I was in Lancaster checking out St George's Works Mill (Report Here)

Whilst I was in Lancaster, I thought I may as well have a little look at the Lancaster Moor Lunatic Asylum site, I was expecting it to be nothing but a completely converted building into some new modern apartments but they've retained the exterior very well!

Video - Rylands Mill - Wigan - July 2016.

Video - Lake View Care Home - Chorley

Video - Stratford Central Crane Climb - June 2016

Stratford Central (33 fl)

I've been following the progress on the new developments in Stratford for quite a while now. Stratford Central topped out quite a while ago, but they had just erected a luffing crane on top of the core. About a day after it was put up, I had plans. I headed over there around sunset the next day. I immediately got in. Access was piss easy. 33 floors of stairs and I was presented with the crane. There were sooooo many people outside of the tube station and all over Westfield, but I still decided to climb the jib (no hi-vis necessary). I kept looking down and seeing masses of people. I swear somebody MUST have seen me? The sunset looked amazing over the Olympic Park. I took a few pictures, and then made my way back down. After reaching the base of the core, I made a swift and easy exit and put on a jacket. I clocked in at 24 minutes total spent in the site. Pretty decent compared to some other daytime climbs I've done. As I was walking over to the tube station I noticed a few policemen pointing up at the crane looking baffled. I don't think they were there for me, but still.

Anyways, here are two repetitive pictures I took at the top:

27591247552_878949f75b_o.jpg

27149185634_850721ff58_o.jpg

DyingLlama

Video - Glen o Dee Asylum, Scotland, Banchory

Opened in 1900 in Banchory, Scotland, this abandoned sanatorium was originally called Nordrach on Dee Hospital. Designed for the long term care of tuberculosis patients (many of whom never left alive) before the introduction of antibiotics, the hospital was converted into a luxury hotel after TB died down, taking on the name Glen O’Dee.

The now abandoned building was requisitioned for military use as a billet for troops during World War Two and once again became an infectious diseases hospital when Aberdeen was struct by a typhoid epidemic during the 1960s. Finally serving as a care home for the elderly, the originalGlen O’Dee Hospital buildings finally closed in 1998 when a new purpose-built complex opened on the site. The abandoned sanatorium has fallen into increasing decay over the past 15-years, despite featuring on the BBC programme ‘Restoration’.