real time web analytics
Urban Exploring Videos | Page 19 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Urban Exploring Videos

Moderated - Staff reserve the right to reject unsuitable content

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Video - Odeon Cinema, Harlow (July 2017)

History

The Odeon Cinema in Harlow, was designed by T. P. Bennett & Son and constructed in 1959. It opened on 1st February 1960 causing it to become the first cinema to be built for the Rank Organisation (a British entertainment conglomerate) after the Second World War. The cinema originally had 1,244 seats with one screen and included a raised seating section to the rear, as supposed to a common overhanging balcony. The projection room is positioned above the raised section of seating and is close to level with the large screen.

In 1987 the cinema closed for refurbishment. The original raised sections of the main screen were converted into two separate screens resulting in a total of three screens allowing the cinema to increase capacity. No further work was carried out on the cinema until 2001, when the venue was rebranded to follow the new Odeon style. Only small design changes were made throughout the cinema. Despite growing competition in and around the local area, as larger modern multiplex screens were opened, the Odeon in Harlow managed to survive until August 2005. However these other cinemas eventually resulted in a rapidly declining number of visitors to the venue, forcing it to close due it it no longer being economically viable to run. Although it was purchased almost immediately after closure, the premises has remained abandoned since the year it closed. Further details of the current owner are explained within the featured video.

Video - Bass/Cannon Brewery, Sheffield, April 2017

Hi Guys :thumb

Hope you're all well! This is my first post on here so any advice on formatting or adding information in would be appreciated.

Anyway, I thought I'd post a video of when I went to explore the Bass Brewery in Sheffield. I'm trying to get into video making and editing and this is my 3rd video so far. It's not amazing and we don't get to explore the whole site on camera, however you do get a good feel of what the place is like.

Sorry if this sort of content doesn't fit in these forums. Regardless I hope you enjoy the entertainment value of the video (if there is any).

I have a few other video reports on my Youtube channel (no names of places are ever shown just to keep it as unknown as possible) so if you want feel free to check those out too. Any feedback or constructive criticism is greatly appreciated!

Also, anyone from around the Notts/Derby area hit me up. I'd love to get out exploring in some new unknown places with cool people with similar interests.

Thanks,

J-steele

Video - Mansion of the monkeys (chateau des Singes)

Hello guys and girls,

On our last trip we went to France and visited
the beautiful location (Chateau des Singes)

Please let me know what you think of the video and thank for watching!

Video - Abandoned Tin Mines of Cornwall

I found this old clip on a VHS tape.
It's probably around 25 years old.
Sorry about the poor quality.

Video - Abandoned RAF Church Fenton 30/07/17

Opened in 1937,[1] it saw the peak of its activity during the years of the Second World War, when it served within the defence network of fighter bases of the RAF providing protection for the Leeds, Bradford, Sheffield and Humberside industrial regions.

I know i missed a lot so i'm certain i will be doing a part 2 on this. Hope you enjoy :)

GOPR0639.00_12_04_37.Still001.png

Video - Ship repair / insurance dock building HULL 17/07/17

This is most likely to be the last explore on the docks, This once upon a time was a ship repair company and way before this some insurance company. I don't know a great deal on this building but it looks like it only ever served as offices. Anyway hope you enjoy the explore

DJI_0012.00_17_17_18.Still001.png

Video - E.I.E. 2007 Volume 2

The video section is in need of a proper boot up the arse

This is the sort of calibre we're on about

Don't bother posting your Galaxy Sx handheld special in the latest soggy derp if that's all you've got to offer!

Video - RAF Church Fenton | Leeds | March 2017

RAF Church Fenton was a very creepy place definalty up there for me.
The minute you walk in its as if eyes are watching you from every window and when i was there you could hear faint test gun fire which made it even more creepy.

Opened in 1937, it saw the peak of its activity during the years of the Second World War, when it served within the defence network of fighter bases of the RAF providing protection for the Leeds, Bradford, Sheffield and Humberside industrial regions.

During September 1940 it became home to the first RAF "Eagle squadron" of American volunteers being No. 71 Squadron RAF initially with the Brewster Buffalo I for one month before changing to the Hawker Hurricane I. The airfield was also home to both the first all-Canadian and all-Polish squadrons, with No. 242 Squadron RAF for the Canadians and No. 306 Squadron RAF for the Polish

Video - Italy Trailer May/June 2017

Just a quick snippet of a recent Italy trip. I feel my film making is slowly improving and I am still keeping the cam steady ;) Unless I'm in NPU. Then am gonna shoot ISO 8000 jpegs and run around like a madman.

Anyway I hope you enjoyed.

Video - LordLine Hull 2017

Hey All,

Permission to demolish the LordLine site at St.Andrews Dock in Hull has ben accepted, so we thought we may as well visit the site before its shut off.

There were so many kids running around trashing the place, quite a shame to see really.

The steel beams in one of the rooms were warped and bent due to a fire, it was quite unsettling due to the amount of kids in there...

This is a new video style with a GoPro instead of my phone - let me know what you think!

Thanks Guys